"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BEST BOOKS OF 2009

I have to say I was surprised that with all the books I read, I had not read one of the Best Books of 2009 listed by Amazon and after reading the descriptions not one of them intrigued me enough to order it.

I fared a little better with the Top Ten Mystery/Thrillers, between by husband and myself four of those book have graced our shelves.  Jeff really likes Vince Flynn and Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors.  We both like James Patterson and John Grisham.  We also like Stuart Woods, Harlan Coben and J.A. Konrath but they didn't make any of the top tens.

I also am quite of fan of the cozy mystery as you can see from by 2009 Reading List and while they may make the Customer's Favorites lists, they are never so controversial or acclaimed enough to make the Top Ten lists, but for me they are the most enjoyable, a little escape from everyday life.

2 comments:

shawneebookworm said...

I hope to have time to do a browsing review of your list. I did a quick one and saw a few I have read. Great blog site dolly. ~Shawnee~

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy a good mystery, they are my stress relief escapes. I don't really enjoy the overly violent crazed serial killer type novels although I will read one occasionally, I totally understand the attraction of a good cosy crime novel.