"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

TBR's (To Be Read)

Like most avid readers I have a huge TBR pile or I should say several stacks of books waiting to be read. The newest ones land on top and others are destined to the back or bottom almost forgotten.

Last week I decided to rearrange and sort my stacks and found that one of the first series I collected after my accident had been buried. I started collecting the series way before joining PaperbackSwap, so these books were found at Amazon or Ebay and I remember being so excited to finally get the first and oldest 2, but they were just added to the stack. I have also collected the latest. There are now 24 books in the series with another due out soon.

The books are Mary's Daheim's Bed & Breakfast series set in the Pacific Northwest featuring Judith McMonigle Flynn, innkeeper turned sleuth and her cousin Renie, who seem to trip over dead bodies wherever they go. Add into the mix the cousin's mothers, their husbands and their neighbors and the stories are priceless. The relationship between the characters will have you in stitches as they come up with some of the most unorthodox ways to solve the crimes. I read the first four in the series last week and after the first one I was hooked.

This series is said the have launched the B&B sub-genre and after just reading the first four, I can see why, at the end of each you can't wait to start another.

Daheim has also written another series based in Alpine, Washington of which I have read and enjoyed every one. She is truly one of my favorite authors.

If you would like to find out more about Mary Daheim and her wonderful books, be sure to check out her website http://www.authormarydaheim.com/

Now I'm off to start reading number five Bantam of the Opera. Sounds good, doesn't it.

No comments: