"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life gets in the way sometimes ...

I usually read at least 4 books a week but lately, I find myself here working on my blog and trying to make contacts so it will grow and get more followers, or playing games on FaceBook, or playing with my grandson, attending my 6' 4" Junior son's  basketball games, discussing college options with my Senior daughter, (she's only 5'6" :) or doing household chores or the dreaded evil watching too much television.

I have one soap I have been addicted to my whole life, Days of our Lives, which I TIVO so I can watch it anytime,  I have to get my soap fix. But I also like the prime time programming,  all the CSI's and all the Law and Orders, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Desperate Housewives, Biggest Loser, heaven forbid I get wrapped up in American Idol, or Dancing with the Stars.  The Good Wife and Mercy are two new ones that beg my time.  I TIVO all of them because some are on at the same time, but also to watch on the weekends, when nothing that interests me is playing.

I cannot be the only one with this problem.  I am trying very hard to shut the television off more and use the time reading, but I have one problem.  It's called a husband, the television is turned on as soon as he gets home and usually stays on until he falls asleep, sometimes I try to turn it off when I think he's asleep, actually snoring only to have him wake up and say "Hey, I was watching that!"

Please add your comments below, tell me how you find time to read all the great books on your TBR piles.  Share funny stories, let me know I not alone in this t.v. / computer world.

Right now I need to hide the remote and push away from this computer and finish the book I was reading when I fell asleep last night.  I may have to go back a chapter or two, I awoke at 3:16 a.m. glasses still on and the book among the blankets.

More soon,
dollycas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what your talking about, I have found blogging and reading blogs quite addictive so I can spend a great deal of time just wandering the internet and I know I should be reading a book. And tv, I need to find another room to read when everyone is at home, although most of my household are book lovers so it is not uncommon for everyone to be reading rather than watching, and speaking of addictive that is just what tv is. Sometimes I hit a reading rut and just watching some good dvds is all I can manage. Enjoy the process.