"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

I should really be posting a review of a book today, but this past week has been unusual to say the least.  My husband Jeff and I have been battling this cold that won't let go.  He finally went to Urgent Care on Monday for some meds.  I was feeling better on Monday, even went to my sons basketball game and except for one ear being plugged, I yelled and cheered them on to victory, then spent yesterday in bed, watching my favorite daytime drama "Days of our Lives" and then a bunch of mindless television, only read one chapter.

Sunday, my daughter took my grandson to Urgent Care because he woke up from his nap covered in a rash, it was diagnosed as hives.  The doctor said to give him Benedryl and use calamine lotion for the itching.  Now the Benedryl comes with a little cup, like this 2 year old is just going to take a shot of medicine.  We end up holding him down and forcing him to drink while he spits most of it out.  I ask you, all these drug companies spent millions of dollars trying to make the medicine taste like candy, why can't they make it look like candy too.  Imagine medicine packaged in little bits, that look like Skittles and the child get 3-5 bits depending on his age, or a sucker that is really medicine and as the child licks it, he gets the medicine he needs.  He is feeling better today, but the doctor said the rash could crop up for weeks, and he offered no answer as to what may have caused the rash to even occur.

Also this week, my 6' 4" little boy has been using my computer to research and do papers,  powerpoints and movies for 2 projects.  One is about the Wild Boar and other is about T. S. Eliot.  I hope he keeps everything separate, :).  Both are due tomorrow I believe, and I know he will do well because he really been "burning the midnight oil."

Another thing this week that is weighing on my mind is this fight between Amazon and Macmillian Publishing.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150538/FAQ_Amazon_vs._Macmillan_The_iPad_wins_?taxonomyId=75&pageNumber=2  It has me worried about some of my favorite authors.  Authors that had books come out recently who had fans pre-order their books from Amazon.  Were these requests honored?  Who is this action really hurting, the publishers or the authors.  There are many places to buy books other than Amazon.  I use Amazon widgets on my blog, I not sure if any other company offers blogger utilities like Amazon, but if the book you want is not available on Amazon, just hustle right over to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/.  Support your favorite authors by shopping elsewhere.

On a lighter note I going to share a joke sent to me by my mother-in-law for this Super Bowl weekend.

A man goes to the Minnesota Vikings ticket office and inquires about purchasing super bowl tickets.

The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Vikings did not make it to the super bowl. 

The following day the same man goes to the Minnesota Vikings ticket office and inquires about purchasing Vikings super bowl tickets.
 
The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Vikings did not make it to the super bowl.

This goes on for an entire week. 

The man again goes to the Viking ticket office inquiring about super bowl tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Vikings did not make it to the super bowl. 

Another week of this goes by and the man still is asking the ticket teller about Viking super bowl tickets. 

Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, "I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE VIKINGS DID NOT MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!" 

The man replied, "I know. I drive all the way from Green Bay just to hear you say that."

You know I LOVE MY PACKERS!!!

No comments: