"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading???

This great meme is hosted by Sheila at "Book Journey" formerly
"One Person's Journey Through a World of Books".

 It's a great way to start the week and 
find out what other bloggers are reading.  
My To-Be-Read pile has grown to an 
unbelievable number thanks to this meme.
Been having a hard time getting going here lately.  My son and his wife moved out last week and unfortunately all our cats went to live with them, so I have lost my morning typing partner.  Wiley used to lay by my feet or right up here on my desk everyday and usually tried to help me type. 
I hope his absence doesn't affect my reviews :) 

FINISHED LAST WEEK 

 ladies of the lake: A Hope Street Church Mystery (Hope Street Church Mysteries)
 Path of the Wicked by Jennifer Stanley
The next book in this series, 
 The Way of the Guilty: A Hope Street Church Mystery
The Hope of the Guilty, 
is set to be released August 31.
Thank you Jennifer for sending me the Advance Copy.
Click here to read my review.

Heat Wave (Nikki Heat) 
 Heat Wave by Richard Castle
Was released in paperback July 27.
Who do you think is the real author of this series? 
Review and giveaway contest tomorrow.
Wrinkles, Waistlines, and Wet
 Pants: Improbable Scenarios Of The Not-So-Rich And The Not-So-Famous 
 Wrinkles, Waistlines and Wet Pants:  
Improbable Scenarios Of The Not-So-Rich 

And The Not-So-Famous     

By Jeanne R. Kraus 

Pieces of Happily Ever After
Pieces of Happily Ever After by Irene Zutell
CURRENTLY READING
Dog Days
Dog Days
Dispatches from Bedlam Farm
by Jon Katz
ON DECK 
I have fallen in love with the writing of Jennifer Stanley and her "alter egos" so I am attacking the first two books in her Supper Club Mysteries written as J. B. Stanley this week.  They have been screaming from my To-Be-Read pile long enough and
Black Beans & Vice (The Supper Club Mysteries) 
 BOOK 6 in the series (shown above) is being released November 1.

Carbs & Cadavers (The Supper Club Mysteries)Fit to Die (The Supper Club Mysteries)

Carbs & Cadavers
Fit To Die
by J.B. Stanley
Leaving a spot open in case a book arrives I just can't resist!
Wishing you all a great week!
Be sure to keep smiling.  It's National SMILE Week!

HAPPY READING!!!

4 comments:

Nise' said...

Sorry your furry partners moved out. They are such great company.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sorry you lost all your kitty's. I love the book covers on the Jennifer Stanley books. I'll have to check these out. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Jennifer said...

Oh I am so very sorry, it must seen empty and quiet. I do hope reading will help ease the transition.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Perhaps Wiley can send you text messages or emails to keep in touch! :D

Hope you have a wonderful week! Enjoy all your books!