"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award

Jules at One Book Shy was sweet enough to honor me with this award this morning.  She has a wonderful blog and you really should check it out.  Thank you Jules!!

The simple rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this along to 15   10 bloggers you have recently discovered and think are fantastic.
4. Contact those 15  10 bloggers and let them know you gave them an award.
(Rules tweaked just a little.)

Seven Things About Myself

1. I have a wonderful family and great friends!!
2. I am addicted to Mountain Dew, no coffee for me.
3. My parents owned a tavern while I was growing up, The Blackhawk Tap.
4. I married my high school sweetheart.
5. My favorite TV show of all time is the soap opera Days of our Lives.
6. I almost died in 2001 and don't remember the first 3 weeks after I woke up, but can remember the doctor's talking in the emergency room, wondering if they should suture the lacerations to the top of my head because they didn't expect me to last the night.  Boy I fooled them.
7. I love writing my blog. I have "met" some of the best people here in cyberspace and am thankful for every moment I get to share my thoughts with you.


My Blog Picks (in no particular order)
  1. Jeanne at A Cup of Tea and A Cozy For Me
  2. Beverly at Beverly's Back Porch
  3. Karen at Bookin' With Bingo
  4. Sabrina at Cheeky Reads
  5. Jackie at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories
  6. Sharon at Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews
  7. Erika at The Little Girl Next Door Grows Up
  8. Nise at Under The Boardwalk
  9. Jamie at Book Junkies Bookshelf
  10. Jennifer at Rundpinne
These are just some of the fantastic blogs I make a point to stop by every week to see what they are up to.

*You are under to obligation to accept this award but wanted to let each of you know how much I appreciate your blogs.

5 comments:

Bingo said...

You are just too, too nice to give me this! I am so pleased. It comes at a time when I needed a little pat on the back so thank you, thank you, thank you! Have a great day!

Jackie said...

Lori, I appreciate you including my blog and really thank you very much for the compliment of thinking of me. As you saw my award posting days are behind me but the awards do mean that someone cares enough to read my posts and enjoy them....

I have one more post coming in the next week or so for this same award and since this is the 4th time have received it in August am going to keep it short and sweet. I will acknowledge and add yours to the post for the simple reason you deserve a public Thanks from me.....

jackie ^_^

Really and truly comments are the best awards for all of us!

CMash said...

Congratulations Lori!!!
CMash

Jeanne C. said...

Thanks so much, Lori! I will post and pass it on tomorrow! You're too sweet! :)

Nise' said...

Congratulations and a well deserved award! You are so kind to pass it along to me. I thank you.