"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW - Week 4

 
  
No, I am not a new Tabloid Reporter, but it is a feature so 
that we can all get to know each other better.  

It struck me recently how much time I spend on this computer every day, blogging, chatting or playing games on Facebook, 
emailing friends and relatives, 
making cards and calendars, etc. etc. etc.

We depend on each other for book reviews, giveaways, encouragement, friendship, but how well do we really know each other?
 
Recently school started for my kids and 
I realized what that means. 
Think back, if you are old like me, think way back, what happens at the start of a school year. 
You renew friendships and make new ones. 
You get to know each other.

So that is what this meme is all about, 
getting to know each other. 
 
Each Thursday I will post 3 questions for you to answer that you can copy and post on your blog with your answers. 
 
You don’t have to be a blogger to participate either. I will be using a Linky List for the blogs to use to participate and follow each other around to get to know each other, but if you are not a blogger just answer the questions in the comment section following the post on your favorite blog. 
 
This way we not only get to know other bloggers, 
we get to know our followers too.
 
I am really excited about this meme 
and hope many more people will join the fun.

Are you interested?
 
WEEK 4 QUESTIONS 
  1. What do you see when you look out your bedroom window? 
  2. Are you watching Dancing With The Stars?
  3. Are you a football fan or are you forced to watch because your spouse has the remote control? 
 
There that should be pretty painless and easy. Now be sure to copy and paste the information and your answers into your blog, then come back to link up, so we can come to your blog and read your answers.

I hope you will come back to this meme every week and tell your friends so we can all get to know each other better and get the answers to all the questions 
Enquiring Minds Want To Know!!  
I really want this feature to be a success so that I can enter a prize factor or game element soon, so pass the word.
 
 My Answers: 

1.  What do you see when you look out your bedroom window?
Our lot backs up to a corn field/marsh.  After the corn is cut we will have deer coming right into our backyard. Cranes and other animals make their home there as well..  It's hard to see in this picture my there is a farm behind us with horses too.  We live in town from the front of our house, but in the country from the back.
 
2. Are you watching Dancing With The Stars?
Yes we are, and I was happy to see David Hasselhoff go home last night, it was between him and Margaret Cho as the worst dancers.  I really think Kyle Massey surprised everyone with his moves.  Florence Henderson didn't do too bad either.  But it seems like Derek and Cheryl are always matched with the fan favorites.  I would really like to see Maksim win this year.

 
3.  Are you a football fan or are you forced to watch because your spouse has the remote control? 

This household is full of Packer (Pro) 
and Badger(College) and 
Pirate(High School) Fans.  

I have not made it to any Pirate football games this year but Hubby and Betsy and Jayme have.  Saturdays the television is tuned to college football, and Sundays the remote goes back an forth between the Nascar Race and Football.  This week the Packers play the Bears on Monday night so it makes our usual Monday evening tv watching a little crazy. I also have to point out that I am also reading books while all this television watching is going on. 

Let's get to know YOU!!
This Enquiring Mind Wants To Know!




 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

WEEK 4 QUESTIONS
What do you see when you look out your bedroom window?

My front yard, the street and my neighbor's house. We live on a quiet street, so it's a nice view. Sometimes I see my neighbor and his 2 yr old son strolling through the yards and up and down the street.

Are you watching Dancing With The Stars?
No

Are you a football fan or are you forced to watch because your spouse has the remote control?

I'm the football fan. Dh will watch some, but I'm the one more likely to park myself in front of the tv on Sundays.

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

Nice view! I'm a little angry at the Packers right now for beating my Eagles in the first game but I know many people are fans.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Thanks for participating. I hope I am not the only one having fun learning new things about you!

Dollycas

Jenn said...

I got your comments on my Fort Caswell post! Isn't a beautiful place??? I don't know that you can stay there during the summer, since they have youth camps there all summer long and they cram youth into every available bed on the campus! But, during the "off" months, you can stay. If you go to their website, I think it tells you how to get in touch with them to check for availability! :)

Linda Kish said...

I am soo jealous of your view. I look out on a little bit of my back yard, retaining wall and a fence. Oh, well.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Linda, I love my view, it was rumored a few years ago houses were going to be built on the field but the recession stopped that at least for now.

Mystee said...

Oh awesome idea. I'm going to try to remember this for Thursdays :)

http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/