"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WELCOME HANNAH REED!!!

Hannah Reed was the first author to guest post on my blog back in April, when Buzz Off was just barely in the publisher's hands.  It was released yesterday and I am so excited to have Hannah return to tell us all about it and give a couple of hints about the next book in the series!!  I am also excited that this series takes place in my home State of Wisconsin and the references to familiar places is heartwarming.

Now enough of my buzzing.  Here's Hannah!!

Thank you Dollycas for inviting me back as I launch my new Queen Bee Mystery Series, and during National Honey Month, no less.

I am so glad there has been a lot of "Buzz" about this book, some booksellers even had it out early so people were actually able to pick it up before yesterday.  There have been some very "sweet" reviews already.

Here's what the Buzz is all about:

Story Fischer, the protagonist, lives in a fictional town (Moraine) in southeastern Wisconsin among the hills and valleys created by long-ago glaciers. (And you thought we were flat, didn’t you?) She’s a beekeeper (my state is eleventh in U.S. honey production), but she also owns a local grocery store, specializing in Wisconsin products. 

When she isn’t solving murders, she’s stocking shelves with Door County wines, award winning cheeses (squeaky cheese curds are popular items), Nueske ham, Racine kringles, sausages, Amish chocolates, frozen custard… 

Oh, and of course the hot guy in Buzz Off rides (what else?) a Harley Hog, Wisconsin’s premier motorcycle. 
With the Queen Bee mysteries, I’m writing about an area I really know and love - Wisconsin, my home state - land of cows, cranberries, brats (a type of sausage, not an unruly kid), beer, and yes, cheeseheads. 

If you live near Waukesha, Wisconsin, I will be at  
Martha Merrell's Books & Cafe
231 W Main Street,
Waukesha, WI
on September 9th at 7 p.m.
for a free talk and wine tasting.  

I will also be on  
The Fatal Four Book Tour with Maggie Sefton,  
Wendy Lyn Watson, Jenn McKinlay in Texas.

September 30 at 7 p.m.
Barnes & Noble, Round Rock

October 1 at 6:30 p.m.
Murder By The Book, Houston

October 2 at 2 p.m.
Barnes & Noble, San Antonio
(La Cantera Parkway)


October 3 at 2 p.m.
Barnes & Noble, Fort Worth
(S. University Drive)

Visit my home page www.queenbeemystery.com for recipes and fun facts about honey and bees and to find out who Hannah Reed really is and how her alter ego came to "bee".

My Facebook Queen Bee Page

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Hannah-Reed-Queen-Bee-Page/359211701641 

"Bee" sure to sign up for my newsletter too!

Dollycas asked for a couple of hints for Book 2 in this series.  The title is Mind Your Own Beeswax" and Story has he hands full with swarming bees and a "blast" from the past.

 

Hannah

.

Thank you Hannah for stopping by during your very busy bee schedule.  I hope you will return again soon.  To read my review of Buzz Off just click here.


1 comment:

Jeanne C. said...

Great post! I'm reading it now and LOVE it! I'll post my review soon, too!