"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Friday, January 28, 2011

FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!!!!!






Welcome to

Feel GooFriday!!!

Erika had found that a lot of her bloggy friends reading posts about being positive, so she thought she might try her very own meme. She just wanted everyone to feel good and have some happy thoughts as you begin the weekend.  Go over to her blog for the details.


What made me Feel Goothis week.

THE PACKERS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned franchise in American professional sports major leagues. While I do not own one smidgen of the franchise I have been a life long Packer Fan.  Through the good years and the bad.  The edge of your seat, heart attack making games, week in and week out.

I can remember as a child setting on the couch watching the games with my dad.  Then when I got older watching the games with my husband's family.  Every Sunday of the football season was spent as their house, and they were a lot more vocal about games than my dad.  We still went there for many years into our married life, with all the kids, it was a great Sunday, better of course if the Packers won.  

After Jeff's dad passed away and the kids grew older we stayed home and watched the games here, yelling at the screen like they could hear us wherever they were playing.  Now with all 4 kids grown up and working it's usually just Jeff and I.  Kaden sometimes watches with us too.  

Why am I telling you about this on Feel Good Friday?  

Yes, I am thrilled the Packers are going back to the Super Bowl, but it is more than that.  Back in 1996, The Packers went to the Super Bowl and WON!  They have only done this 3 times 1967, 1968, and 1996.  I can remember watching the games in the 60's as a child with my Dad, but in 1996 I was old enough to really enjoy it and I did, but I was also able to make something to commemorate the win.


 It was made using a pattern someone else created.
But my wonderful husband had just given me a wonderful gift.  A fancy Pfaff sewing machine that could do embroidery so to make it special on the top and sides, the names of the players from the 1996 team are embroidered into the border.  My favorite player was Edgar Bennett, boy that guy could run and he always had a big smile on his face. Today he is the Packers Running Backs coach. Jeff's favorites were Leroy Butler and Reggie White, as you can see from the pictures he took for me.

Along the bottom are the names of Packer Greats like Bart Starr, Don Hutson and Ray Nitschke.


This quilt not only makes me Feel Good because the Packers are back in the Super Bowl.  It puts a SMILE on my face every time I walk in the front door of my house because it hangs in our front entryway year round. I remember that I made it myself with my own two hands. I remember the outgoing, bubbly, independent Lori from before March 15, 2001. I still get the "itch to stitch" every time I look at it.  


This family has always loved it's GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!! and it always will!!



You know where I will be on February 6.  At my mother-in-law's house cheering them on with as many of our family members who can join us that day.  I will be remembering both my dads.  The one I was born with and the one I was blessed with the day I married Jeff.  I loved them both more than words can say and miss them both every day.  I know they will be watching the game from heaven and cheering the Packers on to a win right along with us. 

GO PACK GO!!!!

That's what makes me Feel Good, 
I can't wait to read about what made you
Feel Good this week!! 





6 comments:

CMash said...

The quilt is beautiful!!! Aren't we lucky to have such great memories of the ones we love on special occasions even though it may be a little bittersweet. Well as you know.....I have to be neutral on this one.....y lips are zipped lol. I can't jeopardize my trip in April if hubby finds out I wished you luck. Oh and btw...could you keep it down a bit this time...it did get quite loud Sunday lol

Barb said...

Hi Dollycas!
Thanks for the visit to my blog and thanks for such a wonderful post! I love the quilt. I like to think I can sew.....but not like that :) Hope you have a great weekend. Congrats on your team in the superbowl!

Yvonne said...

Very nice quilt!

Happy Friday!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love this! Anything positive makes me happy! I accomplished a lot at work this week and feel pretty caught up - that makes me happy! :) I also am working this afternoon on my book and spending time in a nice quiet house to do so.... also HAPPINESS!!!

I will be linking my January book soon to your challenge Lori!

Also, I posted today a linky for the Where Are You Reading participants and you can add your January recaps on this challenge if you would like.

purplume said...

Twice I thought I commented on here. I wonder why they are not showing up?
Your quilt is a treasure and beautifully done. You sew really well.

Unknown said...

YAY Packers! Lori, your quilt is gorgeous. What a fabulous treasure. I'm jealous..

I've been a Packers fan my entire life. Of course that has made me unpopular here in 49ers and Raiders country. But I do love being a Cheesehead :)

My uncle was the one who started my being a fan. I have a gorgeous green & yellow/gold afghan my aunt made for me that matches the one she made him. Hubby refuses to cuddle with me under it :)

Good luck to our team!! (I finally get to wear my Packers gear to our Super Bowl party again :)