"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading?



This great meme is hosted by Sheila at

It's a great way to start the week and
find out what other bloggers are reading.
My To-Be-Read pile has grown to an
unbelievable number thanks to this meme.

I missed this last week due to a little unexpected trip to the emergency room and two day hospital stay.  I am fine now, but the nurses thought I was crazy when I said I had to get back to my blog, "your dog?" "no, my blog".  Darn, I had left my business cards at home. Hubby Jeff did a couple posts for me but was sure happy when I took back over.

So that means this post will cover TWO weeks. :)

FINISHED

Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle Myste)
Deadly Notions
by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

Cookie Dough or Die (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery)
Cookie Dough or Die
by Virginia Lowell
New Series!!

Eat Your Peas, Daughter: A Little Wisdom and a Lasting Promise
Eat Your Peas Daughter
A Little Wisdom and A Lasting Promise
by Cheryl and Mom Karpen

September Mourn: A Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery
September Mourn
by Mary Daheim
For My Mary Daheim Challenge

Dreaming in English
Dreaming In English
by Laura Fitzgerald
Review will be posted tomorrow.

A World I Never Made
A World I Never Made
James LePore
Virtual Blog Stop Here On Wednesday.

Friendship Bread: A Novel
Friendship Bread
by Darien Gee
Review Coming Soon!!

CURRENTLY READING
Scratch the Surface (Cat Lover's Mysteries)
Scratch The Surface
by Susan Conant
This is my Just For Fun Choice 
For This Month.
I believe this is the oldest book 
on my To-Be-Read pile and it needs to be 
read and passed along.

ON DECK
The Stormchasers
the stormchasers
by Jenna Blum 
Paperback Release: April 26, 2011

Pumped for Murder: A Dead-End Job Mystery
Pumped For Murder
by Elaine Viets
Release Date:  May 3, 2011
Can't wait to read this one!!

The Wedding Shawl: A Seaside Knitters Mystery

The Wedding Shawl
by Sally Goldenbaum
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Another one I can't wait to read!!!

This is going to be a really good reading week!!

Be sure to check out the fun new 
Monday Music Moves Me Meme

in the post below!!
A great kick off to the week right along with this one.

HAPPY READING!!!
Your Escape With A Good Book Travel Agent



10 comments:

Ellie said...

I'd have been determined to get internet access! Though my local hospital has wifi so I'd probably have managed to blog even if I got told off :) Glad you're OK.

RAnn said...

enjoy your books, looks like a good haul

S (Book Purring) said...

Not familiar with these books, but they have such fun titles, peas and cookie dough xD

Carol said...

Glad you are back with us, blogging. :)

enjoy ur week,Lori

carol

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, you always have such tempting books...the covers are fabulous, as are the titles.

I think I've heard good things about The Stormchasers.

Enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I love the title of Cookie Dough or Die! Luckily, my husband recognizes when that mood hits me and steps aside. :-) I loved Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum, but haven't read Stormchasers. Glad you're feeling better! Enjoy your week!

Bibliosaurus Text said...

I'm glad you're doing okay. Looks like a great bunch of books this week!

Teddyree said...

Fantastic line-up of books, I like the sound of the knitting one's. Have a great week and happy reading :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am glad you are ok! Friendship Bread looks amazing!

The1stdaughter said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay! And what a wonderful hubby, I don't think mine would even be able to figure out how to log on much less post. LOL

I've been dying to read Friendship Bread! I hope you loved it!

Have a fabulous reading week and feel better! Thanks so much for stopping by earlier! :)