"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Friday, October 1, 2010

FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!!!


Welcome to Feel Good Friday! 

Erika had found that a lot of her bloggy friends reading posts about being positive, so she thought she might try her very own meme.  She just wanted everyone to feel good and have some happy thoughts as you begin the weekend.  


It is never too late to join!!! 
 I have posted the prompts here to give you some idea of what this meme is about:
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog!  You can: 
  • Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.  
  • Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile.  Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
  • Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
  • Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness?  Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
  • Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it?  Well then, what is your happy place?  What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation?  A childhood memory?  We want to know!
Then head over to 
and link your blog so everyone can visit and see all about what made you 

Feel Good!!!

Here's what made me feel good this week!


I have been so excited about this post and the day is slipping by so fast I didn't think I'd ever get it written. Computer problems, camera problems, but I was on a mission so here goes...

You may remember I wrote about 6 weeks ago that my son and his wife were moving out of their basement apartment here into a place of their own.  I was so happy and excited for them but not only did they move, but all of the family cats moved with them.  I miss my son and his wife dearly but they are adults and it was time to start their own lives in a place of their own.  My problem was you never know how much of a cat person you are until they are not around you, butting against your chin for attention, walking across your keyboard helping you type your posts, snuggling up with you as you read a good book.

Wiley

I was especially close to Wiley, he was given to me by my daughter's boyfriend, the same day our first cat Felix passed away.  The kitten Wiley just crept up to him at a gas station and after making sure he didn't belong to anyone, he brought him here to me.  The funny thing is I have always been very allergic to cats, but not Felix or Wiley, never a rash or a sneeze.

Well last week I couldn't take the kitty withdrawal any longer and called a woman about an ad I had seen, she needed homes for some cats she had rescued.  Last Saturday, the first time I had left the house in over a month, we went to visit the cats.  If my husband had his way we would have brought all of them home.  But I had one cuddle right up in my good arm and knew immediately he was the one.

May I introduce you to Sherlock 

He likes all my books

Here he is at bedtime, where he really likes Kaden's books.

He is very much like his namesake Mr. Holmes, very intuitive, and while he does not wear a deerstalker hat or smoke a pipe, he can be a real master of disguise, hiding in plain site of the dogs and hiding himself so well, that the 3rd day he was here we couldn't find him all day until my youngest son found him sleeping in cabinet  in the basement with the door closed. The woman we got him from warned us he could open doors and twist doorknobs, now we know he can also close them.  Mr Holmes is described in The Hound of the Baskervilles as having a "cat-like" love of personal cleanliness as does our Sherlock.

Only one problem, he makes me sneeze and my eyes itch.  We have tried giving him a bath, that was quite an adventure, and that has helped a little. If need be I will hit the meds.  He is warming up more everyday, I can only hope he will find a place here on the corner of my desk like Wiley did. But he is not a kitten, he is about two, but already answers to his new name, started to show the dogs who is the boss, and when we are here alone with just the dogs, he will snuggle up next to me while I am reading.

I know I have written a novel here, but cats are definitely very unlike the dogs.  They want to be fed, let out and petted and yes, the are big helpers if I hit the floor and need help up, they really try to help me up or go get someone to help.  Cats are different, they are very independent and can even be snobby at times, but whether twisting themselves through your legs or meowing for food, they are always good for a cuddle just when you need it, and they know you need it without you doing anything at all.  It has only been 6 days but I already love this cat.  He will never replace Wiley, we have a special bond, cat to human, but he has filled a hole in my heart that was aching.  AND If my husband has his way, he may someday have his friend Dr. Watson and his archenemy Professor Moriarty join him.

What made YOU feel good this week?!

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!! Congratulations on your new cat.

Better than meds (I assume you're looking into antihistamines), you can get a VACCINE from your allergy doctor for cat allergies, among other allergies (pollen, dust, dust mites, etc.) It's a year and a half or so of drops you take every morning, but after all that you won't be allergic anymore. It's a better, long-term solution.

Good luck!!

Jeanne C. said...

Oh, Lori... congrats on the new addition! He's fantastic! Since we put our doggie to sleep last week, our kitty Coalie has really brought me some much needed love and solace! I love when she comes and sits on my chest while I'm laying on the couch, or in bed reading and butts her head up against me!
Hope you have a great weekend!

dollycas aka Lori said...

Thanks Jeanne!!

Zahirah, I will look into that on Monday!!

dollycas aka Lori said...

I meant Holly, duh!!

Jackie said...

Lori you ask what made you feel good this week and this was it! I am so happy for you, for Sherlock and since it sounds very promising we will probably be hearing about Watson and Moriarty in the near future... As I type this my lovely Tabby Munequa has "stolen" my recliner which is next to my computer Armoire and is grooming the last "kiss" off her fur that I gave her!

Dogs and cats both are special little pets, each in its own way unique and quite loveable....

jackie ^_^

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!! How exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Cats are wonderful. We have one, Sam, he is super awesome, but lacks that independent gene. Sometimes when he is laying on my computer, I do wish he would go away :-)

Also, I am glad you went out to get him!!!! A big HOORAY!

Enjoy your new friend!!!! And have a fantastic weekend!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you got a new "friend". When I moved out of my parents house, I had to leave behind our sweet basset hound, Rosie. She had gone blind and I didn't have a fenced in yard anyway...so we thought it'd be best to leave her. And we only live a few minutes away. Over the past spring, she developed permanent nerve damage in her hindquarters and we had to have her put to sleep. My mom has said several times that she misses that dog so much...even though she used to wake them up at night to go outside! :) Even with the little annoyances, its amazing how different your house is without them and how much you miss that!

Enjoy Sherlock! :)

Carol said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family!

carol

purplume said...

aww, that's real nice.
When I was at my daughters and sick and feeling my worst, their cat named Blitz slept with me. I felt so comforted. I wanted to take him home.