"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Friday, May 28, 2010

FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!!!

Welcome to Feel Good Friday! 

Laura had found that a lot of her bloggy friends reading posts about being positive, so she thought she might try her very own meme.  She just want everyone to feel good and have some happy thoughts as you begin the weekend.  

I thought it sounded like fun and 
wanted to try it this is my first 
Feel Good Friday!

Since this is my first week I'll post the prompts here and the steps to follow to give you some idea of what this meme is about:
Step 1: 
Pick one of these prompts and write about it on your blog!  You can: 
  • Just make a list. List 5 things that made you really happy this week. No matter how bad or boring you think your week was, I bet you can find 5 things.   
  • Write about something that happened to you this week that really made you smile.  Was it your child, husband, or maybe a complete stranger did to you?
  • Write about something that YOU did for someone else that really made them happy or laugh.
  • Is there something you treasure so much that every single time you look at it, it brings you happiness?  Post a pic and tell everyone about it.
  • Having a hard week and can’t find one good thing about it?  Well then, what is your happy place?  What do you think of that makes you happy? A past vacation?  A childhood memory?  We want to know!

Step 2:

Come back to my blog, the little girl next door grows up on Friday and link up with Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.  Then go and read at least one other blog and leave them a comment to make their day brighter.

Step 3:

Have fun.  Feel good.  Smile. 
Then, start looking for all of the good things you can write about for next week!  Once you start looking for the “good”  you will find it everywhere.
*******************************************************
5 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

  1. My friend got some very good medical news!!
  2. I made a connection with an author whose books I really enjoy.
  3. I survived the 90 degree heat here in Wisconsin.
  4. I read and reviewed some really good cozy mysteries, still have a couple more reviews to write.
  5. I was able to spend a little extra Grandma time with Kaden.
 I hope you will join me in this meme, it is fun to remember the good things and push the bad away and start the weekend FEELING GOOD!!


3 comments:

Jackie said...

Lori you first FGF was most enriching and thanks for joining in with the rest of us who follow Laura and her wonderful positive spin on all things in life!!

Thanks for stopping by mine earlier as well, been busy today at the doctor so behind on all my blog hops...

jackie b central texas

purplume said...

Welcome to feel good Friday. The knitting cozies sound good. I love a good cozy.

Jeanne C. said...

Oh, Lori.. I wish I had seen this post earlier! I've been so down and out this week... I should definitely have participated in this! Right now I just don't have the energy! Thanks for seeing the positive this week... I think I shall do the same. :)