"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

THURSDAYS ARE FOR MOVIN' AND SHAKIN'


Movers and Shakers
Thursdays
This "MeMe" comes from Lynda at Between The Pages 
and it looked like fun so I thought we would try it out here.  
Let me know what you think. 

The Movers and Shakers MeMe is a post that will explore the explosive and impelling force of just 20 words or less. Words that impel me to continue turning pages. They might be an unexpected plot twist, startling revelation, special bit of humor, or frigid warning of things to come. Sometimes they may be words that shove me on an emotional roller coaster. Whatever their purpose, the author has succeeded in pulling me further into his/her story. In my selection, I'll be careful not to use 'spoilers'.

Here are my Movers and Shakers for this week.
 
1.   "Any bigger and you could get work in a sideshow, Truly," 
Robert Morgan chuckled during the last exam he gave me.
From:  The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
 
2.  "I'll give you two choices," Smoke said, "either we leave his ass there or 
I put a bullet in his goddamn head --it's your choice, man."
From:  The Moment of Truth by Mark O'Neal
I know that's 26 words but it got my attention.
 
If you have a Movers and Shakers selection from your current read, why not share it with us.  Add it in the comment section below and if you wish to share it on Lynda's blog too, here is the link to Lynda's Movers and Shakers.

No comments: