"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Friday, August 26, 2011

FEEL GOOD FRIDAY!!!




Welcome to
Feel Good Friday!!!

Erika had found that a lot of her bloggy friends reading posts about being positive, so she thought she might try her very own meme. She just wanted everyone to feel good and have some happy thoughts as you begin the weekend.  Go over to her blog for the details.

"The Girl" is busy constructing a new website so for the time being this feature is being hosted by lia sophia tomgirl.  She has a great blog, be sure to check it out!


What made me FEEL GOOD this week.

1. Mother Nature got a little ugly this week with an earthquake, thankfully no one was seriously hurt.  But Hurricane Irene is headed for the East Coast and it is predicted to cause quite a bit of damage. Will be keeping everyone in the path in my prayers.  Followers in the area please leave comments when you can so I know you are o.k. 

2. Daughter Katy starts physical therapy on Monday for a leg injury she sustained at work two weeks ago.  Hopefully she won't need surgery.

3. Kaden had his pictures taken last Saturday and he was a little stinker so we didn't get many good shots.  These are my favorites.




4.  My youngest kids start college on Monday. Betsy in her second year.  Jayme starts his first.  It is so weird for the local school newsletter to arrive and realize I have no children attending that school after over 20 years.
5. After two weeks our clothes dryer is back in operation. Something was wrong with the drum.  It was eating our clothes leaving holes, ripping off zippers and buttons and even tearing tank tops.  All fixed now, but we also learned that the dryer wasn't venting properly.  The whole tube that runs through the basement and to the outside was full of lint. Before this house we never had a vent that spanned this distance.  We were told vents like ours should be cleaned 3 times a year, that the screens in the dryer itself only catch 65% of the lint, that there are over 15,000 dryer related fires each year. We also learned that because of the lint build up the dryer runs longer to do the job and just running an extra 15 minutes is the same as turning on sixty 75 watt light bulbs for no reason. So  keeping it clean saves money! It was also the reason our dryer was beeping all the time. It was trying to tell us, "you idiots need to clean you vent tubing!! before your house burns down!!!  


Thanks to my son Kris, nephew Jeremy, and hubby Jeff the vent is now as clean as a whistle and we will be cleaning it a lot more often. It's just one of those jobs that you don't think about on a regular basis. I am adding reminders right on my calendar, maybe you will too.


What Made You Feel Good This Week?
I hope you will take a minute to share!

3 comments:

JoAnna said...

so glad you found the lint issue before you had a fire. i ours just goes right out the wall and i'm glad not to think about many feet of dryer hose.

Julie said...

Kaden is adorable! My youngest daughter Autumn left for her first year of college a week-and-a-half ago. I waver between happiness and trepidation at the thought that my last girl is now on the first leg of her adult journey. If it weren't for my "surprise" son, I'd be an empty-nester myself right now!

Kaden is aDORable! I hope that your daughter heals quickly.

As for the dryer, I remember our basement catching fire from the lint buildup when I was a youngster, so I've always been a stickler about cleaning the vents (it also helps your clothes dry much faster!)

Julie said...

so, yes, I commented on Kaden twice! But he IS adorable, so that's OK!