"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading???

This great meme is hosted by Sheila at "Book Journey".

 It's a great way to start the week and 
find out what other bloggers are reading.  
My To-Be-Read pile has grown to an 
unbelievable number thanks to this meme.


I can't believe it!  I exceeded my read goal last night for J. Kaye's 100+ Book Challenge.  My goal was 140 and Kate Colllins' Dirty Rotten Tendrils put me over the top.  I can't wait to see what I end up with for a year total!!  I have never read anywhere close to this many books in a year.
Off to a slow start this morning/afternoon.  
Need to kick my butt in gear to visit some wonderful blogs and 
get some reading done today!!! 
FINISHED LAST WEEK
Dead Renegade (Loon Lake Fishing Mysteries) 
Dead Renegade 
By Victoria Houston
My Review
Sleeping With Anemone: A Flower Shop Mystery 
Sleeping With Anemone 
By Kate Collins
Dirty Rotten Tendrils: A Flower Shop Mystery 
Dirty Rotten Tendrils 
By Kate Collins
Watch for my review tomorrow!  

CURRENTLY READING
 A Truth For a Truth (Ministry is Murder)
A Truth for a Truth
By Emilie Richards
ON DECK
Sew Deadly (Southern Sewing Circle Series)Death Threads (Southern Sewing Series)Pinned for Murder 
Sew Deadly
Death Threads
Pinned for Murder
by Elizabeth Lynn Casey 
This entire series has been demanding my attention, the first and second for quite awhile.  I know these are perfect books for me because my ultimate favorite hobby before my accident was sewing.  I had started the first book shortly after it was released in 2009 and stupidly left at a doctor's office, where I was reading it waiting for an appointment and didn't want to put it down.  When we got home and I realized it was missing I called the doctor's office right away and they couldn't find it anywhere, so someone must have picked it up assuming it was some sort of Book Crossing thing.  I hope they enjoyed it and passed it on and purchased the 2nd book in the series and are anxiously awaiting the 3rd book's release.  I have now replaced it and can't wait to "Escape" into this series.

A Holiday Yarn: A Seaside Knitters Mystery 
A Holiday Yarn (ARC)
by Sally Goldenbaum
 This is the 4th book in another wonderful series, 
and I can't wait to read it!!

Be sure to check out the Giveaways in the left sidebar. 
They are all ending this week!
Please come back for my new feature on Thursday!
  No, I am not a new Tabloid Reporter, 
but it is a feature so that we can all get to know each other better.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK READING!!!!

8 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I love the covers for the Elizabeth Lynn Casey books... They'd certainly make me pick up them up!

justpeachy36 said...

I'm with Nikki-ann... great covers on those Elizabeth Casey books... Might have to try those myself.

Have a good reading week...

Here's my post:

http://debsbookbag.blogspot.com/2010/09/simply-marvelous-monday-40.html

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had a lovely week of reading and a fantastically fun line-up for this week. I look forward to your reviews. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

dollycas aka Lori said...

I just want to apologize to everyone, my life got in the way of my blog visiting today but will try to stop by and visit during the rest of the week!!

Dollycas

Mary said...

Thanks for visiting, commenting, and following! I absolutely love mysteries, just wish I had more time to read!

Julie P said...

Good for you, Lori! Congrats on reading so many books this year--lucky you.....

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Yay for reaching goal! I am on that challenge too but my challenges are sooo outdated right now. I need like an afternoon to just catch up with them!

CMash said...

You've been tagged!! Please stop by here to see what you need to do.
CMash