"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Loose Diamonds....and other things I've lost (and found) along the way by Amy Ephron

William Morrow Publishers
Available Now

Amy Ephron has put together a collection of essays about her memories for us to enjoy including friendships, romances, marriages and even her love for her Filofax.  The story that really caught my attention was the afternoon she spent with Squeaky Fromme.  

This is a well written quick read of some of the ups and downs in this author's life.  Entertaining, some funny, some a little scary, but all really good.  It is not a deep "get to know Amy Ephron" type book, just little snippets of certain events. Wonderful for a little escape.

About This Author from Wikipedia
Ephron is the author of six novels – her latest, the best seller One Sunday Morning: A Novel, is out in paperback. Her national bestseller, A Cup of Tea: A Novel of 1917 , spent 37 weeks on the LA Times bestsellers list and has been bought by film producer Jerry BruckheimerA Cup of Tea:  won Ephron the 2005 Southern California Booksellers Association award for fiction, received the Booklist Best Fiction of the Year 2005 award and was a Barnes and Noble Book Club selection.
Ephron is a frequent contributor to Harper's BazaarVogueELLELA TimesSaveurNational LampoonThe RealistLA WeeklyLA Style, and The Huffington Post. As a film executive she worked on A Little PrincessBorn on the Fourth of July and Out of Africa. She also runs her own food website called One for the Table, which publishes articles and recipes about food, love, and politics.


I need to Recognize Sharon of Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews for drawing this book to my attention. I saw it on her list for the Monday Meme, It's Monday, What Are You Reading?  It looked like something I would like to read and it also had a title that qualified for the What's In A Name Challenge. So with this book I complete that challenge and my being a book recommended by Sharon, it also gives me another entry for my 3 R'S Challenge as well, which is one I am really behind on.  Thank you Sharon!!!

Your Escape With A Good Book Travel Agent



2 comments:

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

This sounds like an intriguing read. I will have to check out her book and her food website. I wonder of she is as funny as her sister Nora? Must be a talented family!

holdenj said...

Sometimes I like books like that, with little snippets I can dip into when I'm driving/waiting for kids, etc! I agree, what a talented family.