"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011 PERSONAL CHALLENGES

I am continuing the
 LITERARY ROAD TRIP CHALLENGE
I plan to read 10 books either 
set in Wisconsin or by Wisconsin authors.
Last year I did this in two separate challenges and read some wonderful books by some fantastic authors.  
I will continue to read books by those authors but this year, 
for this challenge they 
cannot be any repeat authors from last year
which adds a little difficulty to the challenge, so I am combining them into just one challenge.


I am also adding a new personal challenge to read 
3 books published the year I was born.
Yes, I will be reaching a major milestone this year.
The first book on my wish list for this challenge is 
John Steinbeck's last book
"The Winter of Our Discontent"
and then we will see where I go from there.

I hope you will join me in reading books set in your state or by authors from your state and even 
books published the year you were born.

These are the last two year long challenges I am committing myself to, so I have time to read all the wonderful books that appear on my doorstep each and every month from some truly wonderful publishers, publicists and authors.

2011 should be a great year for 
"ESCAPING INTO SOME REALLY GOOD BOOKS"!!



No comments: