"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW - Week 17

No, I am not a new Tabloid Reporter, but it is a feature so 
that we can all get to know each other better.  

This feature will be open from Thursday at 12:01 A.M. and close on Monday at 11:59 P.M. to allow those that want to participate over the weekend the opportunity to do so when they have more time.  So you may want to check back on Tuesday or check the previous week's link on Thursday to view everyone's answers.

Links to all previous weeks at the bottom of the post for those who missed a week or two and want to catch up on everyone's answers.  To do that please link up using the actual post link  instead of the link to your entire blog so people can find your "Enquiring" posts easier. 

If you are just joining this feature 
WELCOME!!!!! 
We all become friends/followers but most of us will never meet in person, this feature is to help us all get to know each other better.


Each Thursday I will post 3 questions for you to answer that you can copy and post on your blog with your answers. 

You don’t have to be a blogger to participate either. I will be using a Linky List for the blogs to use to participate and follow each other around to get to know each other, but if you are not a blogger just answer the questions in the comment section following the post on your favorite blog. Please feel free to click on the links and visit other blogs too. 

This way we not only get to know other bloggers, 
we get to know our followers too.
I am really excited about this meme 
and hope many more people will join the fun!!!!!

Are you interested?
WEEK 17 QUESTION
I know you are all busy with the holidays so I am only asking 1 question this week.

1. Share with us a favorite childhood holiday moment?


Now be sure to copy and paste the information and your answers into your blog, then come back to link up, so we can come to your blog and read your answers.

I hope you will come back to this meme every week and tell your friends so we can all get to know each other better and get the answers to all the questions 
Enquiring Minds Want To Know!!  

MY ANSWER:
I have a lot of favorite childhood holiday moments but I will share with you one I shared with my youngest daughter this week as we were trying to get the house decorated.

I was probably about ten years old.  My mother worked as a waitress and she was always working until about 8 o'clock a night.  My dad was working too, but I don't remember exactly where at the time.  My sister and brother are much older than me and I don't remember where they were either but the night before my mother and I were discussing the Christmas tree, we always had an artificial tree, and she just didn't know how she was going to get it up and decorated in time.  So we decided she would put it up while I was at school and said I could decorate while she was at work.  

I arrived home from school and the tree was up and the lights were on it and in front of it was the boxes of ornaments.  Beautiful glass ornaments in all shapes and sizes, with a note, "Be very careful, put the bigger ornaments on the bottom and smaller ones near the top."  I was so honored that she trusted me with her beautiful ornaments. I do remember my brother helping me put the angel on the top, but I did the rest all by myself.  
My mother came home and as she looked at the tree, her smile was so big, she gave me a huge hug and together we added the garland and tinsel.  We continued the tradition for a few years until my parents shocked the family by purchasing a tavern, selling our house, and moving us, (Mom, Dad, and me, as my brother and sister were out on their own) to the apartment above the tavern.  The best thing was that we got to spend more time together and after that Mom and I put the tree up and decorated it together.

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Now it's your turn! 
Let's get to know YOU!!
This Enquiring Mind Wants To Know!
Week 16

WEEK 10
WEEK 9
WEEK 8
WEEK 7
WEEK 6
WEEK 5
WEEK 4
WEEK 2
WEEK 1


3 comments:

CMash said...

Lori: Great question!!! Loved reading about your memory. So heart warming. I can picture in my mind what it must have been like. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Jenni Elyse said...

It's little moments like this that we cherish as adults. Even though the family vacations and other huge events were special and fun, the little moments like what you put as your answer are the things that matter most to us. Thanks for sharing!

katsrus said...

My favorite was always spending Christmas at my grandpa's farm. He lived with my aunt and uncle. We would have a nice meal and than open gifts. The next day I would visit other aunts and uncles in the same area.
Sue B