"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading???

This great meme is hosted by Sheila at "Book Journey".
 It's a great way to start the week and 
find out what other bloggers are reading.  
My To-Be-Read pile has grown to an  
unbelievable number thanks to this meme.
 
FINISHED

Silent Kill
 Silent Kill by David Fingerman
GIVEAWAY ENDS
November 17, 2010 
 
A new manuscript from John L. Betcher
Starlit: A Novel
starlit
by Lisa Rinna 
Watch for my review tomorrow!

God's Guest List: Welcoming Those Who Influence Our Lives
God's Guest List 
by Debbie Macomber
This book had a profound effect on me.  
Read about it in my FEEL GOOD FRIDAY post.
 


CURRENTLY READING
 The Lover's Knot: A Someday Quilts Mystery
The Lover's Knot
by Clare O'Donohue

ON DECK
A Drunkard's Path: A Someday Quilts Mystery (Someday Quilts Mysteries (Plume Paperback))
A Drunkard's Path
by Clare O'Donohue 

 The Double Cross: A Someday Quilts Mystery

The Double Cross
by Clare O'Donohue

Rescue: A Novel 
Rescue
by Anita Shreve
Release Date November 30, 2010

This month is just flying past, my grandson will be three on Friday and it seems just yesterday he was a little baby. 

The Holidays are also quickly approaching and I have added a couple of advertisers to the left sidebar, in case you need any ideas or if you need to send a gift to a far off family or friend.  Yes,  I receive a small commission on any sales but these are all vendors I truly love, especially the Wisconsin Cheeseman, their plant is about 20 minutes from my home and their cheese spreads are delicious.

Don't forget to enter my SILENT KILL Giveaway!

It would be wonderful if you would take a minute to vote for 
Dollycas's Thoughts in the 
1st Annual I LOVE YOUR BLOG Contest.  
Click the picture in the right sidebar to go directly to the voting form.
Winners will be announced November 29.

I hope you all have a great week!!!
HAPPY READING!!!!

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received for review Expiation by Greg Messel from Author Solutions.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

God's Guest list sounds interesting - what a great line up you have. Have a super week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I am so envious of the Debbie Macomber and Anita Shreve books...new ones to me!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

The1stdaughter said...

Ahhh...Happy Birthday to the Grandson! It's so true, they get so big so fast, sometimes I think it's just not fair. :o)

Looks like you've been having some great reads recently. I've been toying with reading some Macomber for my reviews at Chicklitreviews.com so I may have to pick one up. Have a fabulous reading week and thanks for stopping by earlier!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great week. Enjoy your upcoming books!

Sue Jackson said...

Wow, you've been reading a lot and have quite a line-up for this week!

Enjoy your books!

Sue

Carol said...

Happy 3rd Birthday to your Grandson!
Such a lovely age...my youngest turned 3 only weeks ago!

Happy reading too.

carol

Betty said...

Wonderful list of book lined up to read. I've read good things about The Double Cross.
My book now is The Three Insights by author Tim Pond. It's a wonderful self-help/self-improvement book that is really opening my eyes to what life is all about. I'm learning how to answer: What is my true self? What is my unique purpose? What is everyone’s common purpose? So far, its been a real gift to read.

Sunnysmileqt said...

Looks like you have a great reading week ahead of you. I'm looking forward to your review on the newest Anita Shreve book. I've really enjoyed the ones I've read of hers :)

Marce said...

I didn't realise AnitaS had a new one coming out, I definitely look forward to your review for that one. She is on my list to read all her books.

My Post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/11/monday-what-i-am-reading-and-mailbox.html

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Those Clare O'Donohue books look pretty good! I might have to try them out, I can't wait to see what you think of them :)

Nise' said...

Busy week ahead! My mom-in-law's birthday is this Friday too, but she's got 81 years on your Grandson!

Anonymous said...

I like this meme. I just finished 'Dancing with Max'
written by Emily Colsom. I give it 5 stars. She writes about her autistic son and what comes through the book the most is joy. Next I am reading a story about e-mail spammers in Nigeria, 'I do Not Come to You by Chance'.

CarolNWong(at)aol(dot)com

Julie said...

First, I voted for you! Good luck!

Every single book you have coming up is one I'd want to read!

And, yes, my wishlist and TBR are HUGE because of this meme .. seriously...

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries