Feel Good Friday!!!
Erika had found that a lot of her bloggy friends reading posts about being positive, so she thought she might try her very own meme. She just wanted everyone to feel good and have some happy thoughts as you begin the weekend. Go over to her blog for the details.
"The Girl" is busy constructing a new website so for the time being this feature is being hosted by lia sophia tomgirl. She has a great blog, be sure to check it out!
What a week around the world:
- The world did not come to an end.
- Devastating tornadoes whipped through the country again.
- A Democrat was elected to Congress from a New York District that has always voted Republican.
- Wisconsin passed one of the toughest Voted ID laws in the country while at the same time sending a Concealed/Carry Gun bill through committee that requires no training or permit. Making it harder to vote in Wisconsin than to carry a gun.
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson won Dancing With The Stars.
- Scotty McCreery won American Idol.
- Olivia Ward won The Biggest Loser after her making it to the finals with her sister Hannah Curlee.
- Kim Kardashian is engaged to Kris Humphries of the New York Nets.
And that's just a few of the headlines. Some make me Feel Good, others make me sad, some make me mad and others are just news.
Here on the home front, kids are going to be enjoying their last long weekend and then about 2 more weeks of school, they are playing softball and baseball, participating in track events, studying for final exams and a few like my son are getting ready for graduation. His college orientation takes place a full week before his high school graduation so he has that to look forward to as well.
I had a lot of fun this week catching up with my old high school friends. Pictures were posted on Facebook from elementary school (boy, I was an ugly kid) and even a picture of our entire graduating class. I needed to download it and zoom in to find myself. We should have had our 30th year class reunion in 2009 but it didn't happen so some friends are arranging a party for this September, plus I started a group on Facebook just for the Class of 1979 where we can meet, share stories and pictures with having to friend each other. The biggest joy is something I have been trying to avoid but can't, most of us have or will be celebrating our 50th birthday this year. I guess that is another good reason for a party.