"All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality -- the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape."
--Author Christopher Benson

WE HAVE MOVED!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE NEW ESCAPE WITH DOLLYCAS INTO A NEW BOOK!!!!!

YOU WILL LOVE THE NEW BLOG!!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Monday!! What Are You Reading?



This great meme is hosted by Sheila at

It's a great way to start the week and
find out what other bloggers are reading.
My To-Be-Read pile has grown to an
unbelievable number thanks to this meme.

One thing I learned this past week is that Spring, just when the weather gets nice, is NOT the time to do a Read-A-Thon.  Baseball games, Spring Cleaning, and playing with my grandson took away reading time and I did horrible at the Read-A-Thon.

FINISHED

Bullet Work
Bullet Work
by Steve O'Brien

Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery)
Flowerbed of State
by Dorothy St. James
A New Series!
Release Date: May 3, 2011


Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks Mystery)
Classified as Murder
by Miranda James
Release Date: March 3, 2011
Miranda will be here May 4th for
Cozy Wednesday!


CURRENTLY READING
The Social Climber's Handbook: A Novel
The Social Climber's Handbook
by Molly Jong Fast

ON DECK
Lost and Fondue (CHEESE SHOP MYSTERY)
Lost and Fondue
by Avery Aames
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Avery will celebrate Cozy Wednesday 
with us May 11th!!

On Maggie's Watch
On Maggie's Watch
by Ann Wertz Garvin
She is a Wisconsin Author and 
I can't wait to read her book!!

Murder Under Cover: A Bibliophile Mystery
Murder Under Cover
by Kate Carlisle
Release Date:  May 3, 2011

Please enter the giveaway for The Beach Trees
in the left sidebar.

I sure hope my reading is better this week than last.

I wish you all a week of
HAPPY READING!!




12 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Classified as Murder sounds like a great book. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Sidne said...

first, I love this blog, i just want to escape to a place of land, water and books, maybe some magarita's too. i read and liked Bullet Work, it grew on me. I really loved his other novel, Elijah Coin. tell me is The Social Climber Handbook a Chick lit book? happy reading!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, as usual, you have some fabulous looking books today!

Enjoy!!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Sidne,
At first I thought The Social Climbers Network was going to be Chick Lit with a little twist, but it is not at all. It is turning into a really eerie look at the life of a peculiar family.

Gigi Ann said...

Three books a week is good, if I get three read in a week I am a happy reader. That was my goal in the Read-A-Thon last week and I was so happy I accomplished my goal.

I just received Bullet Work in the mail last week, however, I don't know when I will get around to reading it. Maybe in a few weeks.

Carol said...

HI Lori,

Enjoy your reading week.
Am hoping to get back to normal here after a month of holidays be it public holidays or our own family hol. Never thought I would crave a normal week so much :)

carol

Athira said...

Those are some good books you have there! I've heard a lot about On Maggie's Watch - can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Unknown said...

The wonderful thing about looking at what others are reading, is being introduced to so many books I haven't even heard of :-)

Julie P said...

I love your Monday posts and always look forward to them!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Ha- Lost and Fondue - cute title. I have been wanting to read Kate Carlisle. Are her books stand alone or series?
Have a great week!

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I haven't even tried to do any readathons recently, just too much going on! I've been trying to do my yardwork too :)

Steve Capell said...

These look like good books. I really like the art work for the cover on "Murder Under Cover." BTW I usually only get two books read a week. I week is full of other things that rob my time. GREAT post!